Wow, November has really flown by. Our weekends have been PACKED!! But packed with fun with friends and family.
November 6 - 9th:
Brian, Nathan and I decided to take a mini-vacation to Reno. Brian and Nathan both got free rooms in the Tuscany Suite Tower. Nathan played in a Poker Tournament, Brian played the tables and I stuck mainly to penny slots. I splurged and got an 80 min massage.....HEAVEN.....and then spent a few hours after my massage relaxing and reading my book in the spa. One night, we all went out to their fancy steakhouse. YUM. I even came home with $400! All in all, it was a super fun, relaxing trip! I think we all needed it!
November 13 - 14th:
Garage Sale Day!! My friend Holly just moved into a new place which was much smaller, so she had asked if we could do a joint garage sale. We also had a bunch of stuff to get rid of, so we planned on this weekend to do it. Luckily, the weather was great! We earned about $100 and Holly sold even more! I hadn't done a garage sale in years and forgot how much work it is, but also how much fun it is to get rid of stuff!!
November 20th:
I forgot how many birthdays there are in November. So, this day started off with some wine tasting with friends for their birthdays. We all met down in Livermore/Pleasanton area and carpooled to a few different wineries. The bad apple of the day was Concannon. I don't think there was one wine that I actually liked. Which is surprising, because we've bought their wines before. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. The best winery of the day, hands down, was Fenestra. I think Brian and I liked nearly ALL their wines! But we limited ourselves to just 3 bottles. They also had craft vendors. I fell in love with an adorable apron and had to buy it!! Christmas baking time is coming, so I had to get a new apron, right? Then, we left early to head out to Sacramento to meet my mom and her friends for my mom's birthday dinner. It was POURING, so it took us nearly 2.5 hours to get there. But, we got there just in time. And we all had a great time and good food!!
Thanksgiving:
After a short work-week, we headed up to Grass Valley for Thanksgiving. It's rare that we get all the cousins together, so we had a great time. We all got to meet the new fiance, the new girlfriend and hang out with my great aunt and uncle. We rented a house just up the street, so we just walked between the two. On Friday, the ladies (and Brian), headed to downtown Grass Valley and Nevada City to do some holiday shopping. I got a new sweater, some Christmas decor and some presents for family. It brought back memories of living in Sutter Creek during the holidays....they had old lampposts decorated, horse drawn carriages, carolers, and lights everywhere. So beautiful. We all agreed that it was the perfect holiday day spent with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment