So now that I know how to post photos, I wanted to share some pictures with you. We went to the SF Auto Show the day after Thanksgiving. Since then I have been drooling over these cars.
Car #1: Audi A3What's not to love? Yes, I love VW, but Audi is a VW so there. The best part is that it has 2, yes, 2 sunroofs. Living in the Bay Area has lead to the wanting of a very expensive car. One downfall is that it is extremely small - don't let the wagon design fool you. Note: it is not a Beemer, so I haven't fully transformed into the SF Yuppiedom, but this is very close.
Car #2: Volvo V50

This is my new favorite car. I want it, I need it, I love it! I never saw myself as a Volvo driver, but damn this car is freaking AWESOME. I sat in it till somebody had to tell me to get out so they could sit behind the wheel and fantasize themselves behind the wheel, driving along Hwy 1, mountains to the right, ocean to the left, music blaring, sunroof open allowing the breeze to go through their hair friends in the passenger seat, dog in the back.......oh, what? Sorry, I must have dozed off there for a minute. Anyway, this car I can definitely see in my future.
Car #3: ZAP 4-WheelerAlthough I wouldn't necessarily call this a car, I just think this is a hilarious picture! Sameer you are my hero! This is to get you back after the last show we went to when the lady wanted to hit you! So, please don't hate me - just consider it sweet revenge. =0)
Car #4: Chrystler PhaetonThis is by far, the first car made for all those back seat drivers. If you look closely, there is a speedometer and a clock in the rear seat panel. No more annoying questions like, "are we there yet"; however, it now will create new questions like, "don't you think you're going a little too fast" or "It's the long pedal on the right - do you think I have all day". One small note to Chrystler though - this name is already taken by VW and it didn't do very well either.
Ok, enough about cars. For the girls, here's a little update on the wedding plans.
I basically decided to take a break from planning during the holidays, so now I'm starting to get back in the swing of things. We had an appointment with a florist last weekend. She was extremely nice and she's worked with the location and our cake person before so that's good. I was a little worried when the last florist we talked to flat out refused to do flowers at our wedding site. We are waiting for a quote - I rather worried though. Who knew flowers could be so expensive? Hello - they die in a few days so it's not like they last forever! Everyone, please cross your fingers. The favors have been picked out, I just need to order them. I signed on to the website to get 10% off the order so they will be even cheaper. Today, I dragged Brian out to a couple of tux shops. Basically, the three shops we went to had the same selection. Our choice was to go with the one that gave us the best deal. I had gone to a Bridal Show in Sacramento a couple weeks ago and became eligible for discounted prices. Note to those that have yet to go to a Bridal Show: #1 SSSOOO not worth it, #2 the runway shows are hilarious and awful all at the same time, and #3 DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DRAG YOUR FIANCE TO THE SHOW! About 90% of the people at these shows are female. The 10% of males that were there all looked like they would rather be painting their fingernails. Of course I may be wrong and that maybe 1% of the 10% of the male population really did want to be there - it could happen. I've been wrong before.
Well, that's the long and the short of it. So far, this year is looking like a great year. Brian and I are finally getting married. Just a little more than 4 months to go - I can't wait! Here is one of my favorite pictures of Brian and me at Magic Mountain. Enjoy!
2 comments:
I'm laughing about your description of the Wedding Fair in Sacramento. When I was a dance teacher at Arthur Murrray's a lifetime ago, we did those Wedding Shows every year and we were always situtated next to the fashion show and we'd go up on stage between their shows and do dance demos. Of course, the dancers were always dressed a little differently than the models, you know, in dresses that showed off more of the leg than a full length dress...Any ways..some people mistook us for models of bridesmaid outfits. One woman came up to us and said, "I just found out you were dancers! I'm so releived. I thought you were modeling dresses for slutty bridesmaids!" Yeah, thanks lady.We get that often...Yep, Life as a professional ballroom dancer. But, yeah...I could've told you a lot about the Wedding Fair...and the vendors...and the hoardes of people milling around with shell-shocked looks....
D'oh! You've gotten your revenge, and settled the score. Now I must plot a way to regain my lead, fortunately I've got a lot of time to plan for next year's car show.
Post a Comment