Well, I tried to get with it this year and get all my shopping done before Christmas Eve. I have to say that I'm pretty close to being done. Last weekend, I fought the crowds with my friend Willow and we managed to not suffocate from all the other holiday shoppers. I tell you, our economy is not suffering this year! People were lugging around more bags than they could carry and everyone was running into everyone else. I tell you it is mad chaos out there! So all of you be careful - it can be extremely dangerous!
Today, Brian and I went and registered. Everyone kept asking where we were registered and what we wanted for Christmas. We figured we'd kill two birds with one stone and register before Christmas and then everyone will know what is on our list. Just so you know, we're registered at Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond (I know, wedding registry staples). Because there is all the holiday stuff out, we might go back and update our list because of availablity - at least that's what the both stores suggested we do. Other than that, there hasn't been much on the wedding front. I've been trying to not think about it so much and focus on other things - like who are we going to see during the holidays. And I thought it was tough just trying to divide the holidays between two parents - now I have 4 parents that are all wanting to see us. It's even more difficult because everyone is scattered across the state. We are right in the middle of all of them! Just another reason why we need to buy a house - everyone can come visit us - there - the perfect solution! Except that I don't know how to cook a turkey. Bummer! I'll have to put that on my list of things to do.
Two weeks and counting down. Should be fun! Ahhhhhh, the holidays......
No comments:
Post a Comment