Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!

Gobble, gobble! Happy Turkey Day.....the day where you are a glutton for the yummy turkey, gravy (hold the yams and cranberry) and green bean casserole! Oh, and don't forget about the pumpkin pie. In my case this year, I get to indulge in 2, count them 1, 2, Thanksgiving feasts! So much for WW this week. Oh well, my friend and I swore that we would start running three days a week instead of two and I promised myself to start my pilates video now that I've canceled my gym membership. It's not that I didn't like going, it was the fact that I always created an excuse for not going....like I'll walk around the block, I'll go tomorrow, or I have to do important things like wash my hair. Yeah, right. Who the hell am I kidding? So I bit the bullet and canceled. I figure I'm now saving myself $40 a month and the time that I spent developing creative excuses for not going.

Friday should be great though. I can walk off the first feast by going to the car show. I'll take pics and see if I can outsmart the computer and figure out how to post them. Personally, I know I can do it, it's whether or not I get around to it. Call me lazy. Yes, I am. Ok, you can stop now. Really.

Now for the news you've all been waiting for....admit it - you want to know. Wedding details. I figure the easiest way is to create a check off list:

Wedding site: Check
Caterer: Check (included in site)
Minister: Check
Cake: Check
Photographer: Check

Drumroll please......................

Dress: Check!

Bridesmaid Dresses: Check (well, they have been selected at this point)
DJ: Seudo-Check (Brian and I will compile our massive music collection. Steve, Jamie's husband, kindly volunteered to mc and push the buttons)
Florist: Missing in Action - We are still looking for a florist; however, with our growing collection of vendor lists (think War&Peace) I'm sure we're bound to find one.

Overall, I think we've got things handled so far. With 7 months to go (192 days according to the knot, but who's counting!), I think we are way ahead of the game. Brian says I'm obsessed - maybe - but I am a natural planner and I want to be prepared. I figure, I would rather worry about vendor crap now than stress out about it later. I plan meetings and events for a living - geesh! give me a break! Anyway, that's where we're at with that.

In other news....I saw the new Harry Potter movie. As a fan of the books, I found out that I'm not a complete geek! We went with friends who are way more obsessed than I could ever be, but I love them anyway! Poor Brian went along and didn't enjoy himself too much. Gotta love him - oh, wait - I do! I then told him that this was the 4th out of 7 and he rolled his eyes and complained about how I would have to drag him to many more hours of Harry Potter torture. Deep down inside, I think he's a fan.

Speaking of him, I'm off to cook a gourmet meal of soup since he's sick. Poor little muggle.... I mean, guy! =0)


No comments: