Thursday, March 16, 2006

Honeymoon is set....

So, after many a debate, we have decided that we are going to Maui for our honeymoon. Brian and I have never really been on a huge trip like this before so when we were throwing out ideas of where to go everything came up.....Cruise, Caribbean, Mexico, San Juan Islands, Hawaii - you name it. We're definitely on a budget so Europe was eliminated right away - that and the fact that we don't have passports and have never traveled out of the country before. Not exactly an easy thing to plan while you are busy planning a wedding. At first I said I didn't want to go to Hawaii because of the simple fact that EVERYONE goes to Hawaii. But Jamie and Steve got a timeshare deal when they went for their honeymoon and it was such a deal that I had to try to get it myself. Sure enough, we got it and are now booked and ready to go. It was actually surreal when I tried to picture myself in a tropical paradise. It's so different than any other vacation that I have ever been on - like the forests of Oregon and the deserts of New Mexico/Arizona. This is making me even more excited!!!

In other wedding news, I picked out my wedding band and Brian's ring. He said since he had to pick out my ring without knowing if I'd like it or not, he'd let me do the same for him. So he told me that he wants a platinum rope with the hope diamond on it. Yeah Right! I believe I picked one he'll like that's a little more realistic than the hope diamond. Unfortunately they don't have the ring at that particular store, so they are having to make it. Now all I have to do is get his ring size. Just one more thing I can cross off the to do list.

Time is totally flying by! My shower is in 2 weeks and we are about 2 1/2 months til the big day. I feel like I have so much left to do, but I'm not worried. My next couple weekends are free to knock a few more items of my list (see below).

My To Do List (excerpt)
  1. Make bridesmaid necklaces
  2. Finish guest book
  3. Send out invitations
  4. Start arranging seating chart
  5. Work on schedule/itinerary
  6. Assign duties
  7. Attend Bridal Shower(s) and Bachelorette Party
  8. Anything I'm forgetting

Anyway, that's what I've been up to lately!

No comments: