
So Saturday was my Bridal Shower.....yes, April Fool's Day - no kidding. Unfortunately not everyone I would have liked to have been there was able to show...what with a surprise anniversary trip that I inevitably ruined the surprise for (sorry B!), people moving, being sick, having to work, too far to travel, etc. However, it was a mixture of mostly my family, some friends and Brian's mom representing the Burke clan. I have to say that it's starting to get real. I knew all of the people there, but in all different settings. I have to say that to see all those people from different parts of my life all together in one room was TRIPPY! I had a really great time and I hope that everyone else enjoyed themselves as well.
Now, just when I thought I had escaped the torture of April Fool's Day pranks, my mom had to pull through. The last gift was a small package. I opened it and thought...why did she get me a towel? Low and behold, I take it out of the box and it's a little baby outfit. Everyone then proceeded to laugh - me especially. It actually brought me to tears I was laughing so hard (and maybe a tad bit out of embarassment).
We had a wonderful lunch of homemade chinese chicken salad (YUMMY) and the freshest cake I think I have ever had. It was a layer of white cake, custard with pineapple and bananas, white cake, custard with strawberries, white cake and whipped cream frosting. And it was HUGE! I wish I could have taken some home, but it would have never made it home. It was falling apart as I was cutting it.All in all, I had a great time! Now for those of you that were not invited....I had a limit of people. If you are fairly local, my friends here in the Bay Area decided to revolt and are throwing me another shower April 22nd. I figured it would be a local party....also a combo of my birthday since it's 2 days before. So keep checking your e-mails....I gave the coordinators all your e-mail addresses. Those that aren't so local....you're invited to the Bachelorette party - invites coming in the mail soon. To those that aren't invited to any of the above...I don't really like you.
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment