Monday, March 19, 2007

Always on the go.....

Well it's been quite some time since I've blogged, but I've been on the go lately!

Let me begin with my trip to England. My work sent me to our Cambridge office for 2 weeks. It was my very first trip out of the country and the best part is that I didn't have to pay for any of it! Although I had to work most of the time I was there, I did get to be a tourist over a weekend. I met up with a co-worker and her daughter and we began the day with some punting on the river. I highly recommend this as you get to tour "the backs" of the colleges and historical bridges from a small boat on the river. Afterwards, we got to tour the inside of King's College - this is where the famous Boy's Choir performs. For the rest of the day, we walked around town and did a little shopping and a little drinking back at her house. The next day, I walked down to the Botannical Garden. Unfortunately, it was winter time, so there wasn't much blooming. However, inside the greenhouse, they had a beautiful Orchid exhibit. Then, I headed back toward downtown and went through the Fitzwilliam Museum. I only spent a couple of hours there, but I can easily see how you can spend a whole day looking at their exhibits! I spent the rest of the day walking around downtown and through their little farmer's market. I really wanted to spend at least one day in London, but I ended up getting sick (some guy on the plane decided that he had to cough the entire 10 hour flight so he can give me his germs). Oh well, maybe next time. Overall, I had a great time and I can't wait to get to go back - even if I do have to work.....


Next up was a girl's trip to Yosemite. I was supposed to go wine tasting with my mom, aunt, and great-aunt, but I ended up not getting a ticket and couldn't go. I was dissappointed so my friend Holly just so happened to call me and wanted to cheer me up by inviting me on a girl's weekend. Her and 2 of her friends had booked a cabin in Yosemite. There was room for one more and I thought, "What the Hell..." and I went. None of us had ever been to Yosemite in the winter and let me just say that it is 100% better than in the summer. Reason #1: Only a small fraction of the people are there. Reason #2: It's not a heat-stroke waiting to happen. Reason #4: Only a small fraction of the people are there. Reason #5: There's nothing better than hiking in snow, eating hot chili, and drinking with girlfriends in a cozy cabin. Reason #6: Only a small fraction of the people are there. Reason #7: You can't go snow-tubing in the summer. Reason #7: Only a small fraction of the people are there. Reason #8: Snow-shoeing is easier than it looks - even if it's in a meadow next to the parking lot. Reason #9:Only a small fraction of the people are there.


And finally, this past weekend - St. Patty's Day Weekend - I spent wine tasting in Paso Robles with my dad, step-mom, aunt, uncle and grandparents. Brian and I took Friday off and had a very relaxing 3 day weekend. We got to see my Aunt's house - she lives on a ranch with horses and dogs and cows. She has a beautiful view from her deck - I'm envious! We spent all day Friday tasting (drinking) lots of different wines and came home with a full wine cellar. Saturday, we went to a brewery - Hello? It was St. Patty's Day and you can't NOT drink beer on St. Patty's Day. I think it's considered a sin. On Sunday, we decided to take the long way home and stop at Morro Bay for some sightseeing and walking around - oh, and some yummy salt water taffy! Instead of driving back to Paso to take 101 home, we decided to stay on the coast and take 1 all the way to Monterey and then cut over. It was a beautiful sunny day and we weren't in a hurry, so why not? It's been a while since we've been on a road trip and it was well worth the trip.


Anywho... That's what I've been up to. Now it's back to the grind. I've been planning a huge tradeshow in Vegas in April and it's getting down to the wire. This past weekend was to help me destress from the planning I've done to help me handle the stress of the planning that I still need to do. So, if I don't post until after April 20th (my birthday!) then you'll know I'll be up to my eyeballs in planning for this show.


Till then.....








No comments: