Friday, November 30, 2007

Blogger's Rebirth

Ok, so I was blogging over on my MySpace page for a while and it was too difficult to keep up two blogs so I just did that one. However, you must be a member of MySpace in order to read them and unfortunately that left so people out of the loop. So, MySpace friends and Blogger friends can now both enjoy the boring, daily goings-on in the world of the Burke household in one convenient location. Now a brief update on what's been going on with us......

HOUSE STUFF

Well, it's been a whole 3 months of homeownership. We're starting to do some work on the house. During the summer, we tackled the backyard. I counted and I have 56 - yes 5 - 6 - rosebushes. I was never a fan of roses, but I have to admit they are beginning to grow on me (yes that pun was intentional). They are now all blooming and look quite pretty with all the different colors and they all smell really good! When spring comes, I'm going to turn the raised side area into a vegetable garden. I'm thinking zucchini, carrots, onions, green beans, tomatoes, and maybe try some lettuce - Salad anyone? We also have a GIGANTIC strawberry bed, so let me know if you want any because I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of them.

But now that it gets dark early and it's getting into winter weather, we've decided to move things indoors. We started with the garage. So far, we've puttied all the nail dents, patched all the holes, sanded the putty and have put two coats of primer on the walls. There was shoddy patchwork on the ceiling which we're fixing before we can paint the ceiling. It looks like a completely different garage ever since the paint went on the walls! Once the ceiling and walls are done, we'll need to figure out how to organize everything. As you know, we are quite crafty and need to make the garage a workshop type setting, a storage facility, yet still be able to park both of our cars inside. So, we're looking at getting one or two workshop tables and some kind of cabinet/shelving scheme. It's pricey, so I've been asking my facilities guy at work to keep his eye open for used items.

Once the garage gets done, or closer to being done, we want to repaint the bedrooms and bathrooms. I've got a few color choices in mind, but I've been perusing magazines, the internet, catalogs, etc for ideas.

WORK STUFF

Work is going......I don't really have much to report. It's the same old, same old.....

1.) I get up at 5:00 am
2.) I leave the house at 6:30 am
3.) I arrive at work at 7:00 am
4.) I work, work, work
5.) I go to lunch at 12:00 pm
6.) I work, work, work some more
7.) I leave work around 5:00 pm (4:30 if I'm really lucky)
8.) I get home at around 6:00 pm (depending on traffic)
9.) I go to the gym Mon, Wed, Fri
10.) I eat dinner
11.) I go to bed no later than 10:00 pm
12.) Repeat......

Oh, one update: I get to go to Cambridge, England for a week in January! Whoo Hoo!

DIET STUFF

So, I mentioned in a blog on MySpace a while back, that I had a very defining moment where I decided that I need to get my fat ass into shape. So, I joined a gym and do Weight Watchers online. For those that remember, I did WW a few years ago and lost about 25 lbs. This time, my goal is to loose about 70 lbs. I plan to periodically give updates.

As a first update, I lost 6 lbs.

Then, I went on a week long tradeshow, then Thanksgiving happened and I'm right back to square one.

Star-Date 20071201: I plan to start fresh tomorrow, December 1st 2007.


So, that's life in a nutshell. Not much to update really.

No comments: