Yes I'm alive. No really; I'm breathing and everything!
Let's just say that it's been a bit crazy the last month or so. To start off, I got the job that I was raving about in my last post. I've been there for almost 3 weeks now and I think I'm learning the ropes. And let me tell you that it's a lot to learn. Let me give you an example: old job = 1 product, new job = around 400. Yeah, every day I come home and feel like my head is going to explode from all of the new information I keep cramming in there. And let me tell you that I have just been thrown in and jumped right in the middle of everything. It's actually a good thing though. After months of being bored to tears I actually enjoy having a ton of things to do - it definately makes the time fly by. And the best part about my new job is that I get to travel! On my first day I was told that I'll need to get a passport. Next year alone, I get to go to Vegas, the UK, Amsterdam, and Orlando. Whoo Hoo! The people seem really friendly and there's more than just two people that are around my age. Tomorrow is our Holiday party so hopefully that'll be an ice breaker and I can get to know everyone better and they can get to know me better too. That's one thing that I really miss from my old job. I became really good friends with a lot of them there and we're all trying to keep in touch. It's been about a month and we've been doing a pretty good job so far, but you know how time goes by and one by one they get busy or get another job and move on. I really hope that doesn't happen though.
In other news, Brian and I recently celebrated our 6 months of wedded bliss. I can't believe it's actually been 6 months already. Time flies when you're having fun! If anything, we gotten closer and isn't that what marriage is all about? Now that I am making significantly more money, we're looking to see what we'll need to get into a house around here. We've been watching the prices come down (about $100K so far) and hoping that by the time we get a good chunk saved by summer, the housing market will be good for us. We also need new cars since both of ours are on their last leg and both are near or over 170K mile mark. We went to the SF Auto Show on Thanksgiving Day and it's going to be hard to pick just one. We both know that we want a used car - about 2 - 3 years old - and that we want to be able to put at least half down so we're not stuck with a high/long car payment. We're spoiled because we haven't had car payments in years. Well Brian's never had a car payment, but I have. I think it's almost 4 years and counting. Money, money, money....whatever happened to the barter system? I have some things I could trade in for something...
Other than that, we've been doing the same old, same old. Not much else to report. So, to our friends and family who read this (probably only about 3 of you), we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment