Today is Weigh-In Day!
How I did: +0.4 lbs
How I feel about my loss/gain:
Of course I'm disappointed in my gain. However, it was expected. Why? Because I know that I tend to build muscle weight before it starts to show on the scale. Which is still good.
Exercise review:
I went to my Step Class on Tues and Thurs. But I didn't fit in other gym days. I learned that if I do not go to the gym first thing Sat and Sun, I will not go. So, I'll try that this weekend.
Points review:
I'm pretty proud of myself. I stayed within my points all week. I only cooked twice this week, though. Brian made a couple of the meals and I went out with friends once. Not too bad.
Recipe of the week:
I've mentioned in my last post that I've started picking out several healthy recipes each Sunday to make throughout the week. So, I thought it would be kinda cool to share one of my favorites for the week. This week's recipe came from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals Cookbook. It came out really runny, but I'm thinking it's because I used diced tomatoes instead of crushed and didn't drain them. I also added chicken and olives. Super yummy!
YOU-WON'T-BE-SINGLE-FOR-LONG VODKA CREAM PASTA
Makes 4 servings
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, once around the pan in a slow stream
1 tablespoon butter (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 cup vodka
1 cup chicken broth
1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
Coarse salt and pepper
16 ounces penne pasta
1/2 cup heavy cream
20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add vodka to the pan, 3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup. Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente.
Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
1 comment:
Keep it up Amber!! Good week!
Post a Comment