Friday night was my friend Shannon's birthday.
We ended up going out to La Tapatia (our FAVE Mexican restaurant) and then to a local dive bar named Vinnie's. This is Shannon, Mrs. Social Butterfly, we're talking about, so there were a ton of people there to celebrate!
Brian and I both had a difficult week, so we both ordered the MONSTER margarita. I actually couldn't finish it...it was THAT big.
After dinner and cake, we all headed over to Vinnie's. Shannon loves to play pool and they have quarter tables. Unfortunately for her, there was a tournament going on, so we couldn't play. But there was a live band, so we stayed to listen to them......until 3 or 4 songs in, we realized that they S.U.C.K.E.D. Seriously. They were really bad. One of Shannon's friends suggested that Marie Calendar's (OF ALL PLACES) had Karaoke on Friday nights! I told her I'd serenade her! So we headed over to the house of pie. I turned in three songs, but only got to sing one. So I at least got to sing to her once! It was fun, but they only have karaoke until midnight and we got there at about 11:30. Oh well. We all had a great time! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!
Oh, and another birthday was on Friday! My friend Michelle gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Happy Birthday Maddy! Who said Friday the 13th was unlucky???Saturday was VTD. That's Brian-speak for Valentine's Day. It's one holiday we don't really celebrate. Flowers are way over priced, dinners all have set (expensive) menus, you have to make reservations way in advance, and movies are way too crowded. Instead, Brian made me a special VTD breakfast! We had waffles with fresh strawberries, bacon, hash browns and mimosas! OMG, it was yummy! I gave him a sappy card...my standard VTD "gift". It was just a perfect day!
We even got our taxes done. Last year we owed..a lot. SO this year, we wanted someone to do our taxes for us. We're new home owners and wanted to know if we were missing any deductibles or if there were any tricks. She went through all our documents and we actually get a refund! WHOO HOO!!!
Sunday night, we went to a friend's house for a fondue party! I swear, I ate WAY too much! We started with cheese fondue with apples and bread for an appetizer. Then moved to an oil and broth fondue with marinated steak, chicken and vegetables. And for dessert, none other than chocolate fondue with fresh fruit, cookies, lady fingers and rice krispy treats! Ugh, my stomach was so full of fondue goodness!!! I don't know WHY we haven't had a fondue party before. Seriously good fun!!!
Monday was a holiday so no work! How can that not be good?? I spent the day making more jewelry for my Etsy shop and Brian spent time getting his new computer up and running for his business. He then went and played poker for a while and I had a nice relaxing night at home.
But then I got sick. Around 2AM Tues morning, I got violently ill. I spent nearly every hour from then until 11:30 in the bathroom. It was NOT pretty! I think it might have been food poisoning. I made breaded chicken and salad for dinner. I think it might have been the breaded chicken. I had a fever of about 100 degrees all day. I think it broke sometime last night. So I'm home again today. But I woke up feeling MUCH better. I'm able to eat solid food and get out of bed. Ugh, I don't wish that on anyone!
So for the most part, I had a great weekend. Not a very good ending, but the rest of it made up for the worst of it.
1 comment:
The margarita looks divine! And the pic of you and your DH is super CUTE! Love it!
Post a Comment