Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego???

I'm totally dating myself here, but does anyone remember that show/game? I think I was in Junior High when it was a kid's game show on TV. If you don't remember shouting out geography or history answers or sing along with Rockapella, the house band, go here. I still remember the theme song and really, REALLY wanted to be on that show.

So, why the blast from the past? My current work schedule. Seriously, my schedule just got interesting. Here's a brief snapshot of what my 2009 work travel schedule looks like:

March/April: Frankfurt, Germany
April: Las Vegas
June: Orlando
September: Amsterdam and London
November: Orlando

*singing* Where in the world is Amber Burke? Ba doom ba doom ba doom ba. Ba doom ba doom ba doom ba!

Now don't get me wrong. Travel was always an incentive that I wanted with a job. And I love it. It's just that it's a LOT of traveling. Each trip ranges from 6 to 14 days. I guess I'll have to bring my camera, dust off my German language books (yes, I still have them), and not watch scary movies where the American tourist gets kidnapped and tortured (Taken or Hostel, anyone??). Although I'm trying to convince myself that travelling for work does not count as tourism. Right??

I am looking forward to the trips though. I've never been to Germany, I've never been to Amsterdam and I've only landed in or taken off from London. Hopefully, I'll get a few hours during the day to myself so I can explore a little. Actually, our Managing Director told my boss that they better give me a day off in Amsterdam so that I can tour the city! He said that if I'm big into music (anyone who knows me knows that's an understatement) I'll absolutely love it. Nothing like getting to do at least a little sight-seeing on the company dime.....

I, of course, will take a bazillion pictures and post my adventures here. Because this year will be quite adventurous!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

I heart Rockapella!!!!

Jamers said...

I totally remember Carmen Sandiego! I LOVED that.

Connie said...

Oh, how you've brought back the memories!