Sunday, March 15, 2009

Music in the Mountains

Last weekend, we headed up to Grass Valley to do some wine tasting with my family. There was me and Brian, my mom, my cousin and her husband, my mom's cousin and her husband, her boss and his wife, my great-aunt and her husband (who didn't go winetasting with us). Every year, Grass Valley hosts Music in the Mountains, where the shops on main street host wine and food vendors. You get a wine glass and food tickets and walk up and down the street looking for wine and food. We couldn't have asked for better weather either. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon.



There were 10 of us, so we kept getting split up. But eventually we all met back up at one shop or another....but Grass Valley's not that big, so we would eventually meet up somewhere along the way!

Near the end of the festival, we were walking past a bar and there was the largest, most beautiful St. Bernard I've ever seen. To give you some perspective......

Isn't he cute? I wanted to take him home, but I don't think he would have fit in my car....or my house for that matter.
Overall, the weekend was great and I was so glad that I got to see some family. I missed them over Christmas because we went south this year, but I'm glad there's fun things like this to get us together at least sometime during the year!

1 comment:

Alison said...

That IS a big dog!!!