Tuesday, September 01, 2009

My Very First 5K

I was mentioning to Brian last night that for the last 3 weeks, I've been hanging steady at the same exact weight. No loss, no gain. He said it was because I haven't been exercising. And he's right, I haven't. So, what did he do? He signed us up for a 5K. And I completely freaked out! But I know that I will never do one until I actually sign up for one. Which I did. Well, Brian did, for me! (Babe, I love you for all of your support!!)

I am now registered for the Day at the Races for Literacy Race on October 31st. Yes, Halloween.

How am I going to get my ass in gear? By following the C25K Program. In 9 weeks, I should be able to run a full 5K without stopping. A first for me. I found a podcast that I can load up on my iPod and it tells me when the intervals change. I follow each week's podcast 3 times a week. Each week, I'm running more. On the 9th week (which is ironically the same week as the race), I should be able to run the whole time.

I'm really scared I'm going to fail. But I want this. I REALLY want this. So, please wish me luck that I can do this.

2 comments:

Mrs. Matt said...

AWESOME AMBER!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Jamers said...

Wow... so cool!