Friday, September 04, 2009

Weigh-In Day

This week's result: -.8 lb

Total lbs lost: 6 lbs

Positives for the week:
Well, the big positive is that I signed up for a 5k. I'm scared I'm going to fail, but happy that I've set a goal for myself. I downloaded the C25K podcasts and will be starting as soon as we get back from Tahoe. I wanted to start this week, but I've been busy after work every day and we're headed out of town tonight. And really? I'm kidding myself if I plan on starting a running program while I'm hanging out with friends. So, come Tuesday, I'm going to start training to become a runner.

Negatives for the week:
I got some bad news this week and it's taking everything in me not to just zone out and cry my eyes out. I'm not an emotional eater, but I'm an emotional exerciser. When I'm depressed, all I want to do is read a book or sit on the couch and veg. Both are not very conducive to helping me lose weight. I'm hoping the looming deadline of my 5k will help get me up and active.

Reflections of the week:
I just want to take a moment to thank my husband. For his support, for his pushing me to do a 5k, and for his patience. I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to me wanting to lose weight. It's hard. REALLY hard. And without his support, it'd be even harder. Thank You Brian. I love you.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Good job Amber!!!