Monday, February 01, 2010

Oh My Darlin' Clementine....

I planted my first tree!! And I can't wait til it bears fruit...clementines to be exact. Which is funny because I hate oranges. But recently, I've discovered that I have a love for clementines. They are much sweeter and smaller than oranges....and more importantly, less pulpy. 

First, I had to figure out a spot for it. There's a corner that I thought would be perfect. But it meant that I had to remove a rose bush. Luckily, the ground was soft from all the rain, so it wasn't too difficult. Holly came over and helped me. THANK YOU HOLLY!

Before:















A couple hours later, my tree was planted! 

After:

















It looks tiny, but I'm hoping it'll grow and fill in nicely. We're talking about laying stone down in that whole side yard. It'll be so nice when it's all done! 

Here's to spring and our first fruit-bearing tree!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

VERY nice Amber!!!