Friday, January 16, 2009

Weigh In Day

I've been MIA, but not without success! The holidays were challenging - what with the goodies, the feasts and the travelling and not being able to cook. However, I received awesome Christmas presents to counteract all that bad stuff: a pedometer, a new WW cookbook, a food processor, and best of all a Wii!! Getting the Wii immediately got me looking for the elusive Wii Fit, rumored to be rather difficult to find. But the ever-trusting and reliable Fry's had two left. We immediately scooped up one of the last remaining Wii Fit's and it's been hours of exercising fun. Yes, exercising can be fun. My only feedback with the Wii so far is that it's more of a balance/strength training benefit than a cardio benefit. But then again, I'm still on the beginner levels, so that may change. I still need to work on going to the gym more to do the cardio/weight training.

The week I didn't post, I did gain. Boo.

But since then, I've been hard at work to get back on schedule. The New Year always seems to bring out the motivation. Recently, some girls I know and I decided to start our own Biggest Loser contest. Nothing like a healthy competition to help motivate you! But seriously, I think it will be fun and a good way to keep me focused. I've also been trying to be conscious of what I snack on. I have this nasty habit of snacking and eating while I'm bored. And work is never a very conducive environment to eat healthy because of all the treats, chocolate, eating out with co-workers, etc. I've always been really good at bringing my lunch. But I'm bringing more food so that I can snack on the healthy food I brought from home (ie carrots, fruit, etc) instead of the candy bowl and free food. I also have a water bottle at my desk - my goal is to drink 3 of those a day (1 before lunch, 1 at lunch and 1 after lunch). The good thing is that I'm not snacking all day and I feel full. The downside is that I'm having to need a bio-break what seems like every 30 mins. But that's good, right?

So far, so good. It's beginning to pay off. This week's result: -2.0 lbs.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Keep up the good work Amber!!