Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vacation in Big Pine

Brian and I were finally able to take a mini-vacation. We headed out to visit with my grandparents, my dad and my aunt. My grandma had fallen and was released from the hospital a few days before we got there. I haven't seen them in a really long time and the visit was much overdue. So, most of the time was spent visiting with my family, helping my grandma and getting her new meds in order.

We rented a car and drove allllll day. But man was the drive beautiful! We had to stop when we got a nice view of the valley and as the sun set, we stopped at Mono Lake for a spectacular sunset! Question: Notice anything unusual about this sign??


The first day we were there, we just hung out at the house. When it got dusk and was no longer in the 100's, we went for a walk around the block. There was a pasture of horses and baby ponies! Aren't they cute?



The next day, Brian and I went out wandering and tried to go fishing. I say "tried" because we didn't catch a THING. Not even a little nibble. We stopped by the river and headed up to Lake Sabrina. Just gorgeous!


Then, we headed home. We drove through Yosemite on the way back. But unfortunately, we were cutting it close to be home in time to return the rental car, so we couldn't stop. But it was nice just driving through the mountains and meadows.

No comments: