Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doctor Jalien is in the HOUSE!

I can't believe that the last time I saw Jalien was at our wedding.....2+ years ago. Girl, that is just way.too.long. But it's hard to keep in touch with our crazy schedules and the near 3,000 miles in between. And I admit, I am a bad friend. I don't call as much as I should.....or even as much as I said I would. But time seems to go by faster each year. Next thing I know, weeks, months, or even years have gone by. Man, do I sound old!!!

Anyhoo, Brian and I were really glad that we were able to get to spend an evening with Jalien. And we seemed to pick up right where we left off. Only, she's about to be a mom!! I'm so excited for her and Jesse. They are going to make great parents. Oh, and Dinky dog's going to make a great big sister. She'll probably herd the baby from one room to the next, leaving a path in the carpet.

Saturday is her baby shower, but unfortunately we won't be able to make it. Instead, we were able to take her out to dinner. Apparently, the east coast doesn't have good restaurants like we do in California, so at her request, we took her to our favorite restaurant - The Dead Fish in the little known town of Crockett. If you ever go there, you HAVE to order their crab legs. I think they infuse them with crack, because they are addicting!!

I hope that I'll be able to see her and Jesse before they have to head back. And I'll be crossing my fingers that the base will accept her as their new doctor so that she can move back soon. Good Luck J!!!!

No comments: