When one of three exits off the island is blocked by a fire truck because of an accident.
Which is what happened to me today. It took me about an hour to get off of the island and onto the freeway. Normally, it's about 2 minutes. In the grand scheme of things, I'd much rather be stuck in traffic than be the poor soul who caused the accident. Hopefully, whoever it was is ok.
On the flipside, the detour took me on a little tour of this cute island in the bay (must be why they call it a de-TOUR). It kind of gave me a new outlook on the place where I work. I kind of take it for granted, I guess. I show up at my office, maybe I'll go to lunch down the street with co-workers, and then I jump in my car and go home. Maybe I should stick around some day and explore the hidden gems....you know....play tourist.
No comments:
Post a Comment