Monday, June 22, 2009

Totally RAD 80's Karaoke Party

The day before I left for Orlando, my very good friend Amy celebrated her birthday in style. Like, totally Madonna, hair band, Flashdance style! With a little singing. Ok, A LOT of singing.

And can I point out the fascinating correlation of alcohol consumption and the decibel level of said singing?

And may I also point out that I now feel completely nostalgic (read: old) when I stepped into Claire's looking for some cool accessories, only to find that I was instantly transported into 1984? Seriously. Flourencent EVERYTHING, rubber bracelets, bow headbands, leg warmers, lace wrist gloves and slap bracelets galore. Will someone PLEASE tell me where I parked my Delorean because I need to go back to 2009.

But the karaoke was killer. Pat Benatar, Madonna, Beastie Boys, Sir Mix A Lot, Poison......you name it, it was sung. Costumes were over the top! I had a Madonna/Cyndi Lauper flair while Brian completely sported the Lambda, Lambda, Lambda nerd regailia.

So without further ado, the photographic evidence that the 80's are making a comeback!



1 comment:

Stefanie K. said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like SO much fun!!!