Friday, June 26, 2009

Weigh-In Day: Week #1

The week's results: -1 lb

Positives for the week: I started running. Brian was completely supportive. While we were running, he'd keep saying things like, "we're almost to the pole", "come on, you can make it", "we're almost there", "just one more lap", and most importantly, "I'm so proud of you". That's exactly what I needed. Thank you babe.

Also, I joined SparkPeople. So far, I REALLY like it. They have nutrition and fitness tracking, guidelines to how many calories, fat, carbs, etc I should be eating, graphs to show me what my food consists of (and how much fat and carbs I'm eating and shouldn't be), message boards, recipes, articles.....the list goes on. It's definitely something I could get into.

Negatives for the week: I only went to the gym once. I had every intention of going yesterday for my first day of strength training. But, it took me nearly 2 hours to get home last night. By the time I got home, I was starving, made dinner and went to bed. Not a very good excuse, but the day truly drained me.

Reflection for the week: Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result so far. It's only a pound, but it's just been a few days. I definitely feel more motivated this time around. Not only am I tracking weight, I also took measurments and will be tracking those weekly. Also, I'm going to take pictures along the way. That way I can look back at those as well to help keep me motivated. It's not always about what the scale tells you....

1 comment:

Jamers said...

Good for you guys! I saw you joined Spark People! I need to get back into that. I was doing really well for awhile and then kinda gave up. Boo! I'm feeling motivated again, though. Yay!