Friday, July 10, 2009

Weigh-In Day: Week #3

The Week's Results: 0 lbs

Total Lbs Lost: -3 lbs

Positives for the Week:
I'm still maintaining my workout schedule! In fact, I think I might change it up a bit. I originally had Monday as a day off. But I find that I actually WANT to workout on that day. So, I think I'll switch Monday's off day to Friday. I just am so tired that I feel like I am dragging myself to do anything once I get home from work on a Friday - or, we have plans on Fridays. I thought that this was going to happen, so why fight it? If I don't have plans and feel up to it, I can always add it in as a bonus workout! (but who am I kidding. I look forward to my days off!)

As far as the food goes, I'm improving. I don't feel like I'm losing like I should be. Hello?! I stayed within my SP calorie reqs and worked out all week.....and 0 lbs lost. So, I adjusted my calorie range in SP to a smaller bracket. And so far, so good. It's more challenging now and I find that I'm making better choices because I don't want to go out of my range and have SP tell me I went over. (hey, who said dieting isn't psychology!!) I have noticed that I eat too much fat and carbs and not enough protein - I'll need to work on that. Little steps.

Negative for the Week:
Have I mentioned yet that I lost 0 lbs this week? Man, it's frustrating. I could argue that I'm just building muscle. But I don't think that would be a correct statement. My clothes are still tight and I don't feel any improvement yet. Which pisses me off. Here I am, trying to make an effort and not showing ANY results.

What I can say is that I have a ton more energy because of the changes that I have made.....and that's gotta be a sign of things to come, right?

Reflections for the Week:
Obviously, I'm not going to change overnight. But I'm impatient. REALLY impatient. And I do know that I'm on the right track. I need to just keep with it and make little changes here and there so that it's not so overwhelming. And, I think I'm going to set smaller goals for myself. Like every 5 lbs or every 10 lbs, set a goal and if I stick to it, reward myself. Because looking at the entire 80 lbs I need to lose is a HUGE feat.

So, I need low-cost, non-food/drink reward goals. How do you/would you reward yourself?

1 comment:

Jamers said...

Rewards? Mani/pedi, massage, any sort of spa treatment! Not that those are always "low cost," but they sure are nice rewards! Jewelry (or jewelry-making supplies)?!