Friday, July 24, 2009

Weigh-In Day: Week #5

Last Week's Results: -0.2 lbs (I didn't have time to actually blog about this cause we were out of town, but hey, I'll take anything I can get. -0.2 lbs is still a loss!!)

The Week's Results: -1.2 lbs

Total Lbs Lost: 4.4 lbs

Positives for the week:
I actually did really well with my calorie intake. I'm trying to stay within the SP recommended range of 1300 to 1700 calories per day....I've been around 1350 to 1500 all week. I'm pretty proud of that! And I'm not feeling like I'm starving myself either. I started breaking up my meals to where I'd have more snacks throughout the day. Breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack and dinner. I definitely go through spurts with my sweet cravings, but I've noticed that the last couple of weeks, I've been sweets-craving free. Kind of weird for me. I've also noticed that I need to force myself to eat fruit. Give me any kind of veggie and I'll eat it, but with fruit, I'm a bit more picky. So, I've been thinking about making fruit smoothies in the morning. I also recently went to GNC and got a couple of protein shake mixes (chocolate and vanilla) to try to healthify (is that a word?) the fruit smoothie. It'll help me get my fruit, protein and vitamins in and it will help mix up my breakfast routine.

Negatives for the week:
I'm an exercise SLACKER. I haven't run in almost 2 weeks and I didn't go to the gym at all this week. I've just been incredibly busy and didn't make time. Which is really bad. It's too easy to not go and slip back into my bad habits. But I'm back on the bandwagon. I'm even going to bring my running shoes with me on vacation in hopes of getting some exercise in while we're on vacation. But I DEFINITELY need to get back to my exercise routine......cause it was working! Figures: the week's I was exercising, I wasn't eating right. Now that I have the eating right, I'm not exercising. If only I can put the two together.......

Reflections for the week:
I kind of covered it already. I need to now put together the better eating with the increased exercise. Seems simple, right? But I've been overbooking my life and seem to be putting everything at a higher priority than my weight loss goals. It's a very hard habit to break, let me tell you. But the exhaustion that is coming with the overbooking is really starting to catch up and making me realize I need to slow down. I need to focus on me. And that's why I need to vent, applaud and bitch myself out once a week on this blog. It's keeping me focused.

No comments: