Saturday, June 19, 2010

London Bound......

Remember the post where I was dreading going on yet another trip? Well, here's the post about the trip!


In May, I went to London for the AES tradeshow. Apparently, it's the first time it's been in London for over 20 years. London is a pretty big market for us, not to mention only 1.5 hrs drive from our Cambridge office. I took the Underground to my hotel - just like a local! Honestly, their train system is so nice. It's clean, organized and the preferred method of transport. Kind of like the big brother to our BART system. 


The show went really well. It was teeny-tiny, though. You could literally walk the show floor in about 5 - 10 mins. But we saw some really good people - lots of future sales potential. We had a launch party for the new revolutionary product we launched in April and had a pretty good turn out. We didn't quite make our bar tab minimum, but they were kind enough to send us home with bottle of champagne and wine to make up the difference! Too bad I couldn't sneak it in my suitcase home. We met a hilarious father and son team. They were Americans and the son was a newly graduated audio engineer student looking for work. They definitely livened up our party! And then, after the show, we had a training course for our Distributors. It was a new format and we weren't quite sure if it would work out, but we got a great turnout, so we were very happy.
I didn't really get to do too much site-seeing this trip. I was still tired from my show in April and I didn't really feel too comfortable walking around by myself. So, one night, my co-workers and I decided to head over to Covent Garden for dinner. They wanted to show it off to me. It was really cool. There are street performers......all OVER the place. Everywhere you look, there's a huge crowd of people watching someone do whatever it is they do. One guy was singing pop songs, one the blues, another was riding a unicycle and juggling while yet another was doing a comedy-magic show. You name it, it was there. We had a nice Italian dinner and sat out on the patio. London was actually having a heat wave, so the weather was just beautiful! Believe me, they do get sun.....every once in a while! 

No comments: